Super Rare Originals and YCJY Games have announced their new title POST VOID slated for release this spring on PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. This is the second release by Super Rare Originals under their new publishing brand with Grapple Dog being their first release. POST VOID is their first title on a PlayStation console. POST VOID is already available on PC via Steam.
POST VOID is a challenging arcade-style first-person shooter which emphasizes being fast. Your objective in the game is to be fast. You must move forward and keep your idol filled with liquid by getting kills. Every run in the game is different, thanks to procedurally-generated levels. You will need to keep your head full and reach the end by killing everything that comes in your path while trying to get the high score or simply trying again.
The Steam version of POST VOID is currently sitting at a rating of ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ with over 5,200 user reviews. With this release, both PlayStation and Nintendo Switch players will be able to experience this brilliant shooter as well. The gameplay has been reworked to be as fluid on a controller as it is with a mouse and keyboard.
Key features of the title include:
- Take your favourite shooters of the past, put them in a blender, add in some paint and tons of caffeine, and voila, you’ve got POST VOID.
- The rules are simple: with a pistol in one hand and an idol containing your health in the other, you have just one objective: Be fast.
- You must move constantly and keep your idol filled by racking up your kill count. If you slow down for even a minute, it’s game over – no lives, no retries. Every run is different, thanks to procedurally generated levels, so to reach the oasis at the end of each level and retrieve a well-earned random upgrade, you’re truly going to have to… well, get good.
- There are no places to hide or to stop and catch your breath, and one slip up can end your run. Runs are short, so death doesn’t sting for long – and you will die, again, and again, and again. Just jump straight back in and hone your skills.
- POST VOID is an addictive pick-up-and-play game, whether you have time for one quick run or end up pouring hours in as you get tantalizingly closer to the end.
- It’s intentionally intense, violent, and chaotic, both in its gameplay and its visual style. Creators Josef and Christopher poured their bizarre sense of style and passion into every second.
A confirmed release date for POST VOID will be announced later along with additional details by Super Rare Games so keep checking back to this space. Currently, the game is available on Steam with its PlayStation and Nintendo Switch release slated for this summer.
Are you looking forward to playing POST VOID on PlayStation or Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments section below.